Non-Le Moyne College Programs
As mentioned earlier, students have the opportunity to apply to study abroad programs that are not affiliated with Le Moyne College if they obtain the appropriate approval. There are several resources that assist students in searching for alternate options. The following are resources designed to assist students in beginning their search.
- Academic Year Abroad book - available in the career services resource room and library
- www.iiepassport.org - this is a great website that compliments the Academic Year Abroad book
- www.studyabroad.com - this is an excellent search engine, especially for summer programs
- http://ajcunet.edu/areas/pubs/StudyAbroadPrograms/table.asp - AJCU study abroad website
- Study Abroad Resources – Brochures available in Le Moyne College's Academic Support Center, 1st floor of the library
- Study abroad Fair – Held each fall semester in the Campus Center
- Ask a Study Abroad Ambassador – Talk with past participants of the program
- Talk to your Academic Advisor/Department Chair – They can provide you with valuable information
Please check with the Global Education Office before applying to any programs not affiliated with Le Moyne College. Upon evaluation of the Application for Visiting Student Status, the program is assessed to determine if it meets the guidelines set forth by Le Moyne College.
At times, students are unable to participate in the study abroad program during the academic year and, instead, travel abroad during one of the school's breaks. Many institutions offer programs that take place during the winter break (often referred to as J-Mester), the start of summer (known as May-Mester), and throughout the majority of the summer months. Le Moyne College has recently begun coordinating such exciting programs as illustrated below. Whether a student decides to participate in a program run by Le Moyne College or another institution it is crucial that they seek appropriate course approval to do so. This will clarify how the course(s) taken overseas will impact the student's academic program.
Le Moyne College Programs
During the past couple of years Le Moyne College has been offering several short-term study abroad programs so that students are able to experience the excitement of exploring another culture. Many participants find that a short program often leads to participation in a full semester or year-long study abroad program at a later date. Below are some programs that may be available to you.