Arts Administration Internships
An arts internship is the cornerstone to a successful education in Arts Administration. Students choosing to minor in Arts Administration at Le Moyne College are required to complete a 140-hour internship, which carries 3 academic credits and is listed in course listings as AAD 490 (Arts Administration Internship). Internships vary in their scope and the types of skills needed will also vary widely. Students are encouraged to seek out an internship that aligns with their career goals.
In order to register for the internship, students will need to have completed AAD 201 (Arts Administration I).
Below is a list of sample internships, both in the Central New York community and on the Le Moyne College campus. Students are highly encouraged to use this list as a starting point, and also to seek out internships elsewhere.
5 Easy Steps to an Arts Administration Internship
- Having completed or being in progress of completing AAD 201, browse internship listings below and/or find arts internships that interest you and align with your career goals.
- Discuss internship possibilities with Prof. Miranda Traudt.
- Once approved, contact each internship site to arrange for an interview, and attend each interview. Click here for interview tips.
- Once you have secured an internship, and prior to the deadline to add a class, complete this form and have your internship supervisor sign it.
- Complete the internship and learn!