Through service-learning, Le Moyne College students experience our Jesuit mission: "to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society."
Service-learning students are:
- Challenged to integrate their community service experience with their course objectives
- Guided by faculty to reflect through class discussion, journals, presentations and/or papers.
- Creative learners who contributed over 11,308 hours at 81 sites in the Syracuse community in 2010-2011.
- Invited to join the C.L.A.S A.C.T. or L.E.A.D. service-learning learning communities
Students may also become engaged in service by:
- Participating in Projects in the Community volunteer activities.
- Serving as a work study student at a Catholic Charities Neighborhood Center, the People in Action program at Springfield Gardens or Westcott Community Center.