Time Warner Cable/ Producer/ Syracuse, NY
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ450
Controlling Establishment ID: 00247 - Syracuse Court
POSITION TITLE: Producer - YNN Central NY
Job Requisition Number: 134068BR
Application WebSite: http://jobs.timewarnercable.com/job/Syracuse-Producer-YNN-Central-NY-Job-NY-13201/1755098/?feedId=40&campaignId=3&utm_source=maximus&utm_campaign=J2W_Maximus
Details: Posting Job Title: Producer - YNN Central NY
Requisition #: 134068BR
Posting Location: United States - New York - Syracuse
Posting Job Description:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for line producing a quality assigned newscast that is relevant, informative, and beneficial to our audience.
- Creates accurately timed newscasts that meet format requirements, within established deadlines. Produces assigned newscasts
and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio, graphics, and timing to construct the show.
- Writes stories for anchors as required. Stories should be factually accurate, fair and balanced in content, and written in a clear,
concise and conversational manner.
- Coordinates with graphic artists in developing the graphics for the show.
- Performs copy editing functions or fill in as Executive Producer as required.
- Produces and writes special reports as directed by Executive Producers or News Director.
- Works with Associate Producers, VJs, Directors and Assignment Editors to create the newscast product. Responsible for up to-date knowledge of news and events in local markets, nation and world.
- Brings story ideas to daily editorial meetings.
- Supervises or assists in supervision of news wheel production workflow, including working with directors and other technical staff to ensure efficient production control room functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in broadcast journalism or related field.
- Minimum one year electronic news experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Television news producing experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal, and good organizational skills. Strong computer skills and ability to work with common office software systems.
- Familiarity with common office machines including copier, fax, etc.
- Solid news judgment, with knowledge of current local news and newsmakers a plus.
- Ability to make quick decisions, multi-task, and work effectively and efficiently under pressure and deadlines.
- Must be able to use and have knowledge of common television newsroom computer systems and software, with ability to learn new software systems and train others in their operation.
- Thorough knowledge of operational and office policies and procedures.
- Experience or functional knowledge of news video editing systems preferred, with knowledge of non-linear and or desktop based editing systems a plus.
- Ability to shoot and edit video preferred.
- May be required to be on call 24/7.Business
Job No. 1885