All disciplines are experiencing growth in computer use, and students who enrich their knowledge of information systems (IS) have a distinct professional advantage. The information systems program is designed to serve students with educational and career interests in information systems, as well as those students who have other career and educational interests and who desire knowledge of information systems.
The IS curriculum uses formal links and cross listings to integrate knowledge across the College, using information systems as the technological glue. As a result, IS courses are linked to other courses and departments within and outside the School of Business, and to courses outside Le Moyne College, notably to courses at Syracuse University through the new 4+1 B.S./M.S. information systems program, whereby Le Moyne IS students can obtain an accelerated Master of Science in information management from Syracuse University. Le Moyne students may also complete a 6-9 month corporate technology immersion experience through the Global Enterprise Technology program. Finally, industry, academia and government alliances provide key partnership opportunities for Le Moyne College students. The result is that IS courses are linked and cross-listed with a variety of disciplines and across multiple academic institutions; those links include ties to computer science, nursing, health care systems, finance, marketing, sports management, business analytics, and management and leadership.
The IS program provides undergraduate and graduate information systems courses for six undergraduate degree programs, one undergraduate minor program, one graduate degree program, and several certificate courses in information systems:
- B.S., Business Administration, with a major in information systems,
- B.S., Business Administration, with a major in Management and Leadership/Information Systems, Marketing/Information Systems, Finance/Information Systems, or Business Analytics/Information Systems,
- B.S., Accounting, with a concentration in Information Systems,
- Minor in Management Information Systems,
- Minor in Health Information Systems,
- Joint IS/Computer Science degree in Software Applications and Systems Development (SASD)
- 4+1 Dual Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree program in Information Systems,
- M.S., Information Systems
- Global Enterprise Technology (GET) Immersion Experience Internship Program,
- Graduate Management Information Systems courses for MBA students, and
- Certificate, non degree-granting programs in Enterprise Systems, Large-Scale Systems, Web-based Technology, Government Systems, Health Information Systems.
Each of these programs and degrees provides differing levels of background and experience with information systems. Students with a major other than business administration who are interested in a basic level of familiarity with information systems can pursue an M.I.S. minor as part of their course of study.
Interested students are encouraged to discuss these choices with their advisers or the information systems program director to determine which offering best meets their needs. Students majoring in information systems are encouraged to pursue internship opportunities as part of their academic experience. Exceptional students are encouraged to participate in honors study.