After completion of the admission file, application materials will be evaluated by the Graduate Education Admission Committee. The committee will review and evaluate the application based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Potential to be successful in graduate study
- Potential to meet the Le Moyne College program standards
- Potential to meet the New York state teacher certification requirements, if applicable to the program of study to which you are applying
Portfolio Assessment and Fees
All graduate education students must pass the requirements set in the education department electronic portfolio assessment. Currently, the education department uses LiveText© software to manage the electronic portfolio. Students must purchase a LiveText© account online at college.livetext.com/purchasing.
Application Requirements for Master's Programs
1. Prospective master's degree students in education can download the graduate education application here (pdf) or request that it be sent from the Office of Graduate Admission at email@example.com. For the educational leadership programs, please use the Educational Leadership application (pdf). The application requirements and instructions are also included in the applications.
2. Submit a completed application along with a $50 application fee.
3. Submit an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report. NOTE: The GRE requirement may be waived if the applicant has a GPA of 3.5 or better, current New York state teacher certification, and/or an official transcript reflecting an earned master’s degree. Applicants must request a waiver of the GRE in writing and provide the appropriate documentation.
4. Request official transcripts of all previous academic work to be sent to you to include in your application packet. Le Moyne alumni need to sign a release form in the Office of the Registrar before their transcripts will be sent.
5. Submit two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from an individual who can speak to the candidate’s ability to successfully complete graduate level studies. One letter must be from an individual who can speak to the candidate’s abilities as an educator.
6. International students should submit TOEFL scores if they have not attended school in the United States for more than 60 credits.
7. Submit a detailed statement of purpose for undertaking graduate work in education. This statement should include your experience in education, an explanation of your study and research interests and your professional goals.
Application Requirements for Graduate Certificate Programs
The applications for the Higher Education Leadership and the Adult Education certificates can be found on www.lemoyne.edu/apply. All applicants must submit an official transcript of an earned bachelor's degree and a current resume along with the completed application. There is no application fee.