Being in a first-year learning community enables you to:
* Make friends quickly. Being in class with students who live near you and share your interests is an easy way to meet people.
* Get to know faculty. Students and faculty in our learning communities also participate in activities outside of class that foster stronger student-teacher relationships and promote deeper learning and academic confidence.
* Excel in your courses. Sharing a few courses encourages dialogue among students and gives you an opportunity to be involved in study groups.
* Know your community. When you come to college, you are part of a larger community. Joining a learning community gives you a chance to engage in valuable service to others -- both on and off campus.
* Feel at home. The closeness that develops in a learning community helps you get used to the college experience quickly because you ’re doing things together.