Site Placement Expectations
• Look at the guidelines for the specific agency below.
• Visit the agency's Web site before you begin your service (if applicable)
• If any problems or conflicts arise between you and the agency you are serving, contact Sr. Joan IMMEDIATELY. (x4791 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Le Moyne Office of Service-Learning Expectations
• Let Sr. Joan make the first contact with the agency you will be volunteering/doing service-learning with.
• Fill out required paperwork from the agencies and return to appropriate people in a timely manner.
• Transportation arrangements are YOUR responsibility! They should be made a week in advance. Please contact Sr. Joan to be put on the schedule for the service van. (No student may ride in the van if s/he is not on the schedule.)
• If evaluations are a part of your service, please see that they are to the appropriate people in a timely manner.
• If your service requires a letter of introduction, please notify Sr. Joan in a timely manner and make sure you bring the letter to your agency at your first meeting.
• Be careful of physical contact: avoid hugging, rough housing, etc.
• Talk to your supervisor if you suspect any type of abuse.
• You are a role model: use professional language & behaviors.
• What happens at the agency, stays at the agency
• Do not identify people by name in reports/discussions
• Problems or concerns?
Talk privately with Sr. Joan or your professor
Course Credit (for Service-Learning Only)
• Given for REFLECTION, not service
• Check with your professor for set hours or specific project and attendance & behavior policies
• If a student does not follow the agency's procedures or fails to notify the agency if s/he is unable to attend, the student may be dismissed from the agency and, thus, not be able to complete the service-learning requirement for the class.
• Sr. Joan will notify both the student and the professor of the course if an agency contacts her with concerns about a student's behavior.