Migration of Home Drives Reminder
As a reminder, IT migrated all H: Drive data to new Windows servers on 11/22/2013. This change may require some individuals to adjust links or alter the method of accessing files from off campus. Below are several tips to smooth your transition and IT staff are available and glad to assist should you have any specific questions:
- If you have not already done so, please open, make a change to, and save a document in your “H:” drive. If you cannot open a document from and save a document to your new H: drive, please contact Information Technology at ext. 4579 ( or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) that you access from the “Start” → “Documents” menu need to be accessed directly by browsing to the actual document. Your “recent” documents will not be found because the H: drive location has changed. Once you have opened the document directly, that document will once again become available from the “Start” → “Documents” menu.
- Desktop shortcuts pointing to documents or folders on the original H: drive must be recreated. Existing shortcuts will no longer work because the H: drive location has changed.
- NetStorage and FTP access to the H: drive have been retired. To access your H: drive from off campus follow these instructions: Download instructions on how to access your files from off campus (pdf). Please note that the instructions provide two options. One requires a small installation and the other does not. A chart provided in the instructions will help you determine which option best suits your needs.
- When on-campus, you can access your H: drive location via “My Computer” on a PC or via the mounted drive on Macs. The mounted H: drive on a Mac shows as a “HomeFolders$” icon. (Please contact the ServiceDesk If you use a Mac and have not already had your H: drive mounted to your Mac desktop,.)
Please contact the Information Technology Service Desk at 445-4579 or via email at email@example.com or contact any member of the IT department for any information or technology questions and/or for assistance.
Google Unveils New Navigation to Simplify Look of Accounts
You may have noticed that you no longer see this black menu bar at the top of the window in Gmail.
It was used to navigate from e-mail to the calendar or other Google apps. Google has released an update to simplify the look and feel of your accounts. Now, to switch between apps you click on the grid icon located next to your e-mail address in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
If you need assistance, experience additional issues, or have questions, please contact the Information Technology Service desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 445-4579, or through the Service Desk Portal at servicedesk.lemoyne.edu.
Color Printing Now Available in the Library
Information Technology is pleased to announce that color laser printing in the Noreen Reale Falcone Library is now available! Students can print to the new printer from all public computers in the library cluster (near the IT Service Desk), the library classroom and the library workstations (near the Circulation Desk). Students working from their personal devices will be able to print to the new printer via wireless MyPrint (https://myprint.lemoyne.edu) .
The printer is located across from the Service Desk and can be selected by choosing the printer LIB-HP500M551DN (Library Public Color Printer) from the print menu.
To Reach Us
- Call the Service Desk at (315) 445-4579
- Call the IT Office at (315) 445-4565
- Visit Us- Service Desk Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Sunday: noon – 10:00pm
- Submit a request online
- Follow Us on Twitter: @LMCInfoTech
- Who we are: visit the IT Department directory.
Students: Apply for a job with IT!
Fall 2013 Application
Please download the application above, complete the application and save a copy to your computer. E-mail the saved copy to email@example.com. If you have any questions or have issues with the application please contact us at (315) 445-4579.