Every faculty member has a Canvas account that contains a practice/demo course. You can use this as a practice space to become familiar with Canvas features and tools.
To log into Canvas:
- Open a browser (Firefox [Versions 21, 22, and 23] and Chrome [Versions 27, 28, and 29] are the recommended browsers)
- Go to canvas.lemoyne.edu
- Log in with your username and password (same as your office computer)
- The first thing you’ll see when you log into Canvas is your Canvas “dashboard”
NOTE: If your login is unsuccessful, please clear your browser's cache (http://tinyurl.com/BrowserCacheClear) and try again. If you are still unsuccessful, please notify the ServiceDesk (firstname.lastname@example.org or x4579).
To locate your practice course:
- After a successful login, you'll see a Courses drop-down menu in the green Global Navigation bar at the top of your screen.
- Hover your mouse over Courses to see your course list. You should see a course titled, “[your email address]: Demo Course”. Click on the course name to go to your practice course.
Guidelines for using your practice course:
- Your practice course is an exploration space where you can become familiar with Canvas features and tools and, if desired, begin creating content to use in future courses. If you create something in the practice course that you want in a real course later on, it’s easy to copy content from one Canvas course to another.
- This is a restricted course. You cannot enroll students in this course nor actively teach from it.
Additional resources about Canvas:
- For helpful online resources on the Canvas learning management system, go to http://guides.instructure.com/.
- Canvas also hosts community forums that allow any instructor to pose questions to the global Canvas community located at https://help.instructure.com/forums/20225783.
- Various training opportunities for faculty and staff are available in both face-to-face and online settings. Please visit the Training tab for full details.