Le Moyne College's Parent Module
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student educational records within colleges and universities. Educational records protected under this law cannot be released without written consent by the student. Le Moyne College recognizes the increasing interest from students to share their educational records with their parent(s)/guardian(s) and, as such, developed the Parent Module to foster this relationship. Although we strongly encourage involvement in our students’ education and experience at Le Moyne, we must also protect their rights under FERPA.
The Parent Module is an online tool for students through WebAdvisor that is used to control and release access to their educational records. There are four levels of access a student can grant to a parent/guardian:
- Academic Records: Transcripts, Schedules, Student Profiles, Grades, and GPA by Term.
- Financial Records: 1098 Electronic Consent, 1098-T forms, Student Account Information (see information about TouchNet below), Financial Aid by Year, Financial Aid by Term.
- Both (Academic & Financial): Individuals with this access will be able to view both Academic and Financial records.
- None: Students will have the ability to grant and rescind access at any time.
TouchNet: Student Account information is available through TouchNet, which is a separate and secure e-commerce site. You may already have a username and password because your student has previously authorized you as a user in this system. If your student makes you an authorized user for Parent Module, you will have direct access to this site and will no longer need to log-in separately. Please see the Bursar's site for more information.
REQUEST NEW ACCESS
If your parent/guardian did not show on the “Grant Rights to Parent/Guardian/Other” screen, you can request that they be added via the Students menu in WebAdvisor.
- To begin, access the “Add Parent/Guardian/Other” option on the “Academic Profile” sub-menu located on the Students menu on WebAdvisor.
- On this screen, enter all information and a valid email address for your parent/guardian.
- Click "submit".
- This form will automatically send an email to Le Moyne College's Registrar's Office with the information you submitted, which will be added to your student record. Once this information has been added to your records, you will be contacted by the Registrar's Office via email and notified to proceed with the steps to "Grant Rights". Please note that we will try our best to handle these requests as fast as possible and within 24-48 hours.
This action, done by the student, will grant or rescind a specific level of access to a parent/guardian.
- Students must log into their WebAdvisor Student Account: http://webadvisor.lemoyne.edu
- On the Students tab under “Academic Profile”, click the “Grant Rights to Parent/Guardian/Other” option.
- Here, you will see a list of individuals associated with your account as well as their email addresses. To give access to any of the listed relatives, simply click the checkbox in the “Grant” column and choose an access level from the drop menu (please review the descriptions of each level).
- If you do not see your parent/guardian listed, please refer to the "Request New Access" area of this site.
- Please be aware that once access is given or rescinded, the individual (parent, guardian, etc.) is notified at the specified email address. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure this address is accurate.
- Once you are finished, click the “Agree” button. This will take you back out to the Students menu and your action has been completed.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- Level of Access: If you have any questions regarding the level of access you have received to your student's records, please discuss this with your student.
- Notifications: You will receive notifications when your access is granted or rescinded by your student. Please make sure that your student has your correct email address on file (they can update this information in the "Grant Rights" screen within their WebAdvisor account).
- Grade Reports (midterm and final) will no longer be sent by the Registrar's Office to parent/guardians. This information is availableto authorized parents/guardians through Parent Module.
- Forgot your username & password? Don't worry! Your student (and only your student) can reset your password for you within the "Grant Rights" screen of WebAdvisor. This screen will also display your username, which your student must communicate with you to receive. For security reasons, your username will not be included in your password reset email notification.
- Student Account information can be maintained through Parent Module if your student grants you access to their Financial Records. This will allow you to view his/her bill, payment history, and make payments to his/her account. If your student does not give you access to his/her financial records, he/she will need to authorize you as a user within the TouchNet system (through the Bursar's Office) in order to have access to this information.