Among recent students involved in research at Le Moyne who were mentored by Assistant Professor Lara DeRuisseau, Ph.D.
- Nadia Orosz, medical student, State University of NY: Upstate Medical University
- Kimberly Pompo, veterinary student, University of Tennessee
- Jeffrey Summers, osteopathic medicine student, Rocky Vista University
- Stephanie Livermore, (integral honors) physician assistant alumni, Le Moyne College
- Michelle Zoccollilo, (departmental honors), dental student and currently doing research at the State University of NY: University at Buffalo. Michelle was recently chosen as a finalist for the undegraduate research award based on her submitted abstract and platform presentation at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference of the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Sylvia Zabycz, Ph.D. student, State University of NY: Upstate Medical University
- Kristin Baker (current), accepted to medical school, St. Georges University
Among the students recently mentored by Assistant Professor Devon Keeney, Ph.D.
- Aleksander Szymaniak, Ph.D program in cellular and molecular biology, Boston University School of Medicine
- Jason Palladino, master’s program in genetics, University of Connecticut
- Jonathan Hess, department of neuroscience Ph.D. program, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Sean Lindley, current student, accepted into several Ph.D. programs
Alums in the workplace
Michelle (Mader) Denz, Ph.D. (class of 2001)
Current position: Senior Research Scientist at Wyeth Pharmacueticals - Michelle engineers and purifies various proteins and antibodies.
"I liked Le Moyne for the small classroom size, general atmosphere, and quality of the college. The quality of the professors is outstanding and the range of Biology courses to choose from is a great asset. This allowed me to grow intellectually as well as gain confidence in my scientific abilities."
Cynthia Dowsland ('13) has been accepted into Harvard Dental School and the University of Buffalo Dental School.
Patrick Micaroni ('13) will attend the University of Buffalo Dental School.
Careers in Biology
Listed below is a sampling of career information on Le Moyne alumni who majored in Biology.
Administrator, Acme Distribution Centers
Agroforestry, Volunteer Peace Corps
Aide, Cornell Co-op Extension
Associate Doctor, Robin Chiropractic
Chiropractor, Family Wellness Clinic
Coordinator, North Shore Diabetes Association
Cytogenetic Technologist, SUNY Health Science Center
Director of Social Services, Auburn Nursing Home
Emergency Medicine Resident, University Medical Center
EMT, American Medical Response
Environmental Analyst, Champion International Corp.
Environmental Chemistry, O'Brien & Gere
Environmental Scientist, Paradigm Environment Services
Family Practice Resident, St. Joseph's Hospital
Genetic Counselor, Memorial Sloan
Lab Assistant, Laboratory Alliance of CNY
Lab Technician, New York State Department of Health
Medical Technologist, Mollick, Etra & Etra, M.D.
Nurse, St. Peter's Hospital
Optometrist, Cataract Care Center
Physical Therapist, Star Rehabilitation
Research Scientist, Progenics Pharmaceuticals
Resident in Surgery, LSU Medical Center
Sales Manager, Radionics, Inc.
Science Teacher, North Syracuse Junior High School
Staff Pharmacist, Eckerd Drugs
Technical Assistant, American Red Cross
Technologist, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company