SITE PLACEMENT EXPECTATIONS
• Contact your site supervisor to set up your first visit.
• Visit the agency's website before you begin your service (if applicable).
• If any problems or conflicts arise between you and the agency you are serving, contact the director of community engagement IMMEDIATELY (315-445-4185 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Meet individually with the director of community engagement to identify the agency you will be serving.
• Fill out required paperwork from the agency and return to appropriate people in a timely manner.
• Transportation arrangements are YOUR responsibility! They should be made a week in advance. Please contact (315) 445-4110 to be put on the schedule for the service van. (No student may ride in the van if she/he is not on the schedule.)
• If evaluations are a part of your service, please see that they are to the appropriate people in a timely manner.
• Submit your Hours Verification in a timely manner.
• Be careful of physical contact: avoid hugging, rough housing, etc.
• Talk to your supervisor if you suspect any type of abuse.
• You are a role model: use professional language and behaviors.
• What happens at the agency, stays at the agency.
• Do not identify people by name in reports/discussions.
• Problems or concerns?
Talk privately with Director of Community Engagement or your professor.
• Given for REFLECTION, not service.
• Check with your professor for set hours or specific project and attendance & behavior policies.
• If a student does not follow the agency's procedures or fails to notify the agency if s/he is unable to attend, the student may be dismissed from the agency and, thus, not be able to complete the service-learning requirement for the class.
• The Director of Community Engagement will notify both the student and the professor of the course if an agency contacts her with concerns about a student's behavior.