The Madden School of Business at Le Moyne College strives for excellence through a carefully constructed business core curriculum and selected majors that provide a strong grounding in broad-based fundamental business knowledge and skills to prepare students for meaningful and productive careers as managers and professionals.
The members of the Madden School of Business:
- Are committed to the Jesuit ideal of care and concern for the individual while educating the whole person to appreciate the value of work and service to the community.
- Welcome students from diverse economic, social and cultural backgrounds, and seek to enhance the academic progress and development of all students.
- Value intellectual inquiry through contributions to practice and pedagogical scholarship as integral components of our academic environment, and seek to foster a spirit of inquiry through faculty participation in recognized scholarly and community activities.
- Build on foundations of Jesuit education to develop individuals who have strong analytical skills; who are able to think, write and speak clearly and effectively; who have an understanding of the diverse and dynamic global environment in which we live; and who are well prepared for ethical decision making.
The Madden School of Business seeks to develop reflective individuals, with an innovative spirit who fulfill their potential as leaders, both locally and globally, embodying the Jesuit values of integrity, compassion, and service to others. Students are empowered and encouraged to explore and, having found what they are passionate about, to excel in their chosen fields. The members of the faculty challenge and enable students to attain their full potential through experiential involvement, ongoing scholarship, and up-to-date methodology.
The Madden School of Business will be recognized for its quality business programs, commitment to service, and high standards of integrity and ethics.
- We recognize service to students as our central commitment.
- We value faculty teaching, research and community service.
- We expect high standards of integrity and ethics.
- We uphold an environment of respect, collegiality, concern and collaboration.
- We value open and effective communication.
- We value intellectual inquiry and investigation.
- We value service to others.