A dynamic educator/partner in academic-corporate initiatives, Dr. Hart has provided exceptional leadership and guidance to professional and aspiring professionals in business, non-profit, and academic settings. His commitment to research and applications to best practice offers a unique value proposition that both academic students and organizational leaders have honored. He has been an avid teacher in leadership, strategic management, and organization development and change in central NY academic institutions.
Based on a 35-year foundation of ongoing research and teachings, Dr. Hart has blended an avocation in behavioral sciences and a vocation in organizational development to effect positive leadership change. As a systems thinker, he is able to guide individuals and their organizations in creating future states that are both compelling to the stakeholders and caring to the clients served.
Dr. Hart is the founding Director of Executive Leadership at Le Moyne College- a position guiding the Ignatian values into doctorial students seeking to make a difference in diverse organizations addressing social justice. He is the former Director of Health Care Administration (HCA-Master of Science) and Leadership Institute Director at Utica College (2009-2017). Previous to this appointment he served as founding Director of the Syracuse University Leadership Institute in 2001 as a regional coalition builder in linking business, education, and economic development organizations in a systems approach to community development. The unique focus on applied research in change has been a driver in community revitalization in our region and state.
· Doctorate: Education, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, 1981
· Master of Science: Educational Administration, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, 1973
· Bachelor of Science: Mathematics, State University of New York, Cortland, New York 1971
· Quality Matters Reviewer Certification, 2016
· Master Captain US Coast Guard, 2010
· Certification: Neurolinguistic Programming Master, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1985
· Certification: Ericksonian Hypnosis, Santa Cruz, California, 1983
· Certification: Organization Development Consulting, National Training Laboratories, Bethel, Maine, 1981
· Certification: NYS School District Administrator, 1973
Behavior Modeling and Change
Dr. Hart’s avocation has focused on the study of personal and organizational behavior change. Through ongoing literature review, model development, and education he has been recognized for decoding some of the complex processes of cognitive thinking. Since the 1990s he has passionately pursued conceptual model development through understanding the research and applications in business practices. Several recent articles published of his research include
· Conceptualizing a Theoretical Model of Behavior Conditioning Theories. International Journal of Business and Social Science. Vol. 5, No. 13, December 2014, pp. 118-127.
· Exploring a Non-Profit Organization’s Character, Soul, and Spirit through a Behavior Conditioning Model. International Journal of Business and Social Science. Vol. 7, No. 7, July 2016, pp. 1-11.
A longitudinal study is currently being conducted of the value of graduate school student’s self-assessment of the Model to their perceived success in the academic and work environments.
Return to Executive Leadership.