Ph.D. Syracuse University
M.S.E. The City College of New York
EXDL 803 Culturally Proficient Leadership
EXDL-801 Critical Issues in Leadership
EXDL-809 Lessons in Leadership
EXDL-808 Transformational Change
Jonathan’s research explores Educational Leadership, Leadership Studies, Student Voice, Narrative Inquiry, and Comparative International Education. Jonathan is a publicly engaged scholar whose primary research interests lie in developing the work being done in schools by going directly to students for their perspectives of leadership and learning.
1) Damiani, J. & Wieczorek, D. (2019). A Narrative Stance: School Leadership Preparation Across International Settings. Research and Theory in Educational Administration (Book Chapter). IAP Book Series.
2) Clark, Brandon; Wieczorek, Douglas; & Damiani, Jonathan. (2018). The Cultural Dimensions of Principals’ Instructional Leadership: An Exploratory Analysis. Journal of Research on Organization in Education, Vol. 2, 46-67 (ISSN 2573-4849).
3) Damiani, Jonathan, Rolling Jr., James & Wieczorek, Douglas (2017). Rethinking Leadership Education: Narrative Inquiry and Leadership Stories. Reflective Practice: International and Multidisciplinary Perspectives, Vol. 18 (2) 1-15 (ISSN 1462-3943).
4) Damiani, Jonathan (2016). Unusual Conversations: A Reflection on the Mechanics of Internationally Engaged Public Scholarship. Gateways: International Journal of Community Research and Engagement, Vol. 9 (1) 132-144 (ISSN 1836-3393).
5) Damiani, Jonathan (2016). Unlocking Students’ Perspectives of School Leadership: Toward a Theory of Engaging Students in School Leadership. International Journal of Student Voice Vol. 1 (1). Retrieved from: https://ijsv.psu.edu/?article=damiani-j-2016-unlocking-students-perspectives-of-school-leadership-toward-a-theory-of-engaging-students-in-school-leadership.
Executive Leadership (Ed.D.)