Prospective students may take up to two courses (six credits) as a non-matriculated student before having to complete the application and admission process.
The Department of Education follows a rolling admission process for graduate applications with the following guidelines for priority admission:
April 1 for priority admission – Fall matriculation
October 1 for priority admission – Spring matriculation
March 1 for priority admission – Summer matriculation
1. An Advising Appointment: As part of the application, a mandatory advising appointment with the Le Moyne College Department of Education is required. This meeting can occur before or during the application process. During this time, an advisor will review your unofficial transcripts for applicable New York State certification course requirements in addition to outlining the graduate program requirements and informing you of the registration timeline. For prospective students in the non-certification professional education MSEd program, you will review the degree requirements and plan for your registration as a new student.
To schedule the advising appointment, please contact the Department of Education at (315) 445-4376 then inform the Office of Graduate Admission at (315) 445-5444 or at GradAdmission@lemoyne.edu once the appointment has been scheduled.
2. A Completed Application that includes the following:
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Recommendations must be from two professionals and/or academic advisors who can attest to your ability to be successful in a graduate program.
- Personal Statement
3. The following are required to be submitted directly to the Office of Graduate Admission at GradAdmission@lemoyne.edu or Le Moyne College, Grewen Hall 322, Syracuse, NY 13214:
- Official GRE or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) score report, a requirement of the New York State Department of Education. The GRE or MAT is not required of applicants who are in-service teachers or school administrators who have already completed a graduate program and who are returning to pursue additional graduate-level work for additional certifications and not required of applicants to the MSEd non-certification professional education program.
- Official Transcripts - Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities attended in the United States must be submitted. For institutions attended outside of the United States, with the exception of study abroad courses taken towards a degree in the United States, a course-by-course transcript evaluation by World Education Services (wes.org) must be submitted. If a bachelor's degree was earned at an institution outside of the United States, the WES evaluation must show that the degree is equivalent to a bachelor's in the United States. For this application, a Le Moyne College transcript will be provided for current Le Moyne students and alumni.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report is required of non-native English speaking applicants in addition to the GRE. A score of at least 79 is required on the TOEFL or at least 6.5 on the IELTS. The TOEFL or IELTS will be waived if a student has earned a degree in the United States.
- International applicants must have a course-by-course transcript evaluation completed by one of the member organizations of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Please visit NACES.org for a list of those participating organizations. Note that each organization will have its own instructions on how to submit required documents for evaluation. The evaluation must also show that a bachelor's degree equivalent to one in the United States has been earned.
- In order to qualify for the Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) for an F-1 student visa, students must be admitted into the program full time and provide proof of sufficient funding for at least the first year of graduate study. To do so, students need to complete the Le Moyne College Certificate of Finance found at www.lemoyne.edu/foreign_financial
Office of Graduate Admission
Le Moyne College
Grewen Hall 322
1419 Salt Springs Road
Syracuse, NY 13214-1301
Phone: (315) 445-5444
Fax: (315) 445-6092
Program Information and to Schedule an Advising Appointment
Department of Education
Le Moyne College
Purcell School of Professional Studies
Reilly Hall 101
Phone: (315) 445-4376