- Earned bachelor’s degree
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.3. Conditional acceptance may be offered to candidates who present with GPAs of 3.0-3.29 dependent upon interview and at the discretion of the Graduate Admission Committee.
- Graduation from a state-approved baccalaureate program in nursing, or graduation from an associate degree or diploma program in nursing with a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science in another field. Applicants to the post-master’s certificate in Nurse Educator must have an earned master’s degree in nursing.
- An interview with the Graduate Admission Committee, by invitation.
Family Nurse Practitioner
In addition to the above, admission requirements for the Family Nurse Practitioner Program include:
- Current CPR certification.
- Graduation from an accredited master’s degree program in nursing for students enrolling in the FNP post-master’s advanced certificate program.
- Evidence of a physical exam within past 12 months, an up-to-date immunization status, and PPD status.
- Completion of a basic statistics course or equivalent and an undergraduate health assessment course.
- Prior to the start of NSG 671 FNP Clinical I, the applicant must have completed one year or a full-time equivalent of RN nursing practice in medical-surgical nursing in an acute care setting. Alternative RN experience may be considered.
1. A Completed Application that includes the following:
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Letters of recommendation from professional colleagues who can speak to your clinical and/or academic potential to include:
§ RN peer
§ Nursing supervisor or faculty member
§ Applicants to the FNP program must include a third letter of reference from a nurse practitioner or physician who can speak to your clinical skills
- An unencumbered New York State nursing license signed by applicant and uploaded into the application.
- Personal Statement
2. The following are required to be submitted directly to the Office of Graduate Admission at GradAdmission@lemoyne.edu or Le Moyne College, Grewen Hall 322, Syracuse, NY 13214:
- Official Transcripts - Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended in the United States must be submitted. For institutions attended outside of the United States, with the exception of study abroad courses taken towards a degree in the United States, a course-by-course transcript evaluation by a member organization of the National Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) must be submitted. If a bachelor’s degree was earned at an institution outside of the United States, the evaluation must show that the degree is equivalent to a bachelor’s in the United States. For this application, a Le Moyne transcript will be provided for current Le Moyne students and alumni.
In addition to the admission and application requirements above, international students must submit the following:
- Required English Proficiency Test – A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) score report is required of non-native English speaking applicants. A score of at least 79 is required on the Internet-based test (I.B.T.) TOEFL or 213 on the computer-based TOEFL, or at least 6.5 on the IELTS. The TOEFL or IELTS will be waived for international students who have earned a degree in the United States.
- International Transcripts – International applicants must have a course-by-course transcript evaluation completed by one of the member organizations of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Please visit NACES.org for a list of those participating organizations. Note that each organization will have its own instructions on how to submit required documents for evaluation. The evaluation must also show that a bachelor’s degree equivalent to one in the United States has been earned.
- Verification of Nursing Credentials – Nursing credentials earned outside of the United States must be verified through The Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (sgfns.org).
- Proof of Sufficient Funding – In order to be granted a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) for an F-1 Student Visa, students must be admitted into the program full time and provide proof of sufficient funding for at least the first year of graduate study by completing the Le Moyne College Certificate of Finance
For All Applicants:
Please be advised that as part of your clinical clearance, you will be required to undergo a background check at a point in the program. Applicants who answer "no" to questions relating to criminal background on the Le Moyne College graduate application and who are found to have a positive background check may be dismissed from the program on the basis of misrepresentation. Applicants who have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor may be denied certification or licensure as a health care professional. Information regarding eligibility may be obtained from appropriate credentialing boards. In addition, various clinical rotation sites may not permit participation in the clinical experience. This should be considered prior to making your deposit.
Office of Graduate Admission
Le Moyne College
Grewen Hall 322
1419 Salt Springs Road
Syracuse, NY 13214-1301
Phone: (315) 445-5444
Fax: (315) 445-6092