Le Moyne College has announced an ambitious comprehensive campaign to support a wide range of initiatives that will further strengthen the Jesuit institution’s rigorous liberal arts education. The campaign – Always Forward
– was publicly announced on June 8, 2018, and will conclude in 2021, coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the College’s founding in 1946.
“This campaign is about people – our students, our faculty and, of course, the members of the broader community whom we are called to serve,” said President Linda LeMura, Ph.D. “As I have spoken to the generous individuals who have invested in our vision, I have been heartened and humbled to discover how deeply they believe that a Le Moyne education is not just valuable, but an inheritance to be shared.”
As of the June 8 announcement, generous donors have committed more than $58 million toward an overall goal of $100 million. Commitments to date include 17 seven-figure gifts that have been received over the past four years. In all nearly 12,000 donors have made over 25,000 gifts and pledges to the campaign thus far.
The campaign goal is double the $50 million target for the Achieving New Heights
campaign, which concluded in 2010 after reaching $93 million, including the $50 million McDevitt gift.
“It is not a coincidence that the campaign shares its name with the College’s strategic plan, because the two are so closely aligned,” said Bill Brower, vice president for communications and advancement. “The campaign is structured to focus on eight pillars, each of which will support key areas of the College’s strategic plan.”
is more than just a name – it’s the unwavering commitment that everyone associated with Le Moyne emulates to move the College boldly into the future as a stronger, more vibrant and innovative institution,” said Le Moyne Board Chair Robert Turner ’70.
Read this story to learn more about the campaign
and the thoughts of some of the campaign leadership.
The Eight Pillars of Always Forward are:
Bright Minds: Student Support
– Strengthening scholarship resources to ensure accessibility and affordability so all interested students have the opportunity to attend Le Moyne.
Brilliant Mentors: Faculty Support
– It is imperative the College continues to support the teaching, scholarship and research of its faculty by providing them with the resources they need.
Meaningful Success: The Manresa Program
– Integrating learning, meaning, calling and career, Manresa provides students with a comprehensive four-year life and career readiness experience.
Eloquentia Perfecta: Writing
– Effective writing is at the core of student success, and eloquentia perfecta - writing well for the good of others – continues to be central to leadership, service and success.
It Stands to Reason: Big Data Demands Agile Minds
– Today’s data-driven world demands individuals who can quantitatively analyze facts and figures, no matter their profession.
The Height of Achievement: Honors at Le Moyne
– Students in Integral Honors receive additional scholarship support and research, travel and innovative programming opportunities.
– Development of a virtual and physical hub to support Le Moyne’s national reputation for engagement and collaboration with and service to communities beyond our campus, especially the City of Syracuse.
Do the Greatest Good: Unrestricted Giving
– The unrestricted, annual support of many donors enables the College to invest where the need is greatest.
A more in-depth overview of the campaign can be found here
, while more information about each of the pillars is available at this link
. (Note that these will download as PDFs; also details about the Community pillar are still being developed.)
More information about Always Forward
and the variety of ways to become involved will be communicated throughout the duration of the campaign.