General Parking Information
1. Parking permits are non-refundable and
2. Parking permits are non-transferable, unless approved by Campus Security.
3. All vehicles (student, employees, visitors & guests) must be parked in assigned parking lots, with the parking permit properly affixed to the driver's side back window.
4. Vehicles that are parked in any campus lot without a valid parking permit will be ticketed. After three violations, the vehicle may be towed at the owner's/operator’s expense.
5. Any student who receives parking citations and does not pay the fine may not be allowed to register for classes for the next semester. Seniors will not receive their final transcripts.
6. From time to time it may be necessary for the College to change parking regulations or areas to meet certain safety conditions. It is the student’s responsibility to keep informed of such changes.
7. No overnight parking is allowed in Lot "F" - the front of Grewen Hall, Reilly Hall, the Science Center, Nelligan Hall or the Mitchell Hall circle.
8. Lot "P" (next to Panasci Chapel) is a reserved lot for faculty/staff. It is closed to all vehicles from midnight – 6:00 a.m. Any vehicles found in Lot "P" after midnight may be towed at the owner’s expense.
9. Students: resident, commuter, full time, part time, graduate and work study, are never allowed to park in any of the reserved parking lots, Lots B, F, P or Mitchell Hall Circle. This includes during the summer.
Parking is prohibited in the following situations:
1. No permit
2. Permit not valid in parking lot
3. In restricted areas marked by signage, yellow curb/line markings
4. On any lawn areas (unless directed by Campus Security)
5. Parked in a handicap/accessible space
6. Parked in a fire lane or within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
7. Double parked, extending a row, on a campus roadway or walkway
8. In areas marked by cones, barricades or otherwise marked to temporarily prevent parking
9. Parked in a visitor space
10. At the direction of a Campus Security Officer or other College Official charged with regulating parking.
The penalty for violating a parking regulation at Le Moyne is outlined below. All fines can be paid at lemoyne.thepermitstore.com . Fines cannot be paid in person at Campus Security.
1. Violation with permit Fine $20
2. No permit Fine $25
3. Handicap/Accessible Parking Violation Fine $50
4. Driving violation Fine $50
5. Warning Notice $0
A $10.00 late fee will be added to all tickets not paid within 15 days.
There will be a $10.00 surcharge for any DMV license plate check for unregistered vehicle’s.
Improperly Obtaining Permits
Anyone found to have intentionally obtained a permit to which they are not entitled, display a forged/fictitious permit, display a permit that has been reported lost or stolen or otherwise attempt to defraud the Le Moyne College Parking System will be referred to the Student Development Office for disciplinary action. Fraudulently obtaining a permit or forging a parking permit is a crime. Any vehicle parked on campus in violation of the provisions outlined above will be subject to immediate towing at the owner/operators expense.
The towing of an automobile from campus will be restricted, whenever possible, to repeated violations as described above and for emergency situations such as blocked fire lanes, fire hydrants, roadways, parked in a handicap/accessible space or for preventing snow removal.
Ticket Appeal Process
An appeals process has been established to provide students with the opportunity to be heard and explain unusual circumstances surrounding the receipt of ticket. A student may appeal a ticket within 15 days of issuance (date of ticket) to the Parking Appeals Committee by going to the website at: lemoyne.thepermitstore.com. An email confirmation will be sent confirming receipt of the appeal. Do not pay for you ticket while your appeal is pending. When the Parking Appeals Committee has reviewed the appeal and rendered a decision an email will be sent with the Appeals Committee decision. The Appeals Committee is made up of three students and the Committee's decision is binding and final. Appeals will not be accepted after 15 days. Employees cannot appeal a ticket.
Each summer parking appeals submitted between June 1st and August 15th will be reviewed by the Director of Security.
Paying For A Ticket
To avoid further penalties and resolve the citation, you must pay the fine indicated on the front of the ticket within 15 days from the date the ticket was issued. To pay go online to: lemoyne.thepermitstore.com or mail the ticket, along with a check or money order to SCAPAY - P.O. Box 2358, Santa Barbara, CA 93120-2358
Billing for unpaid tickets over 30 days old will be sent periodically to the bursar’s office for posting to the appropriate student account. Non student’s unpaid tickets will be forwarded to an outside vendor after 30 days for collection.