All HEOP & AHANA students are required to participate in a structured and intensive five-week HEOP & AHANA Pre First-Year Summer Academic Institute (SAI) beginning in July and ending in early August. Our SAI offers classes, enrichment activities, and workshops throughout the summer. The college courses include English, theology, mathematics, and study skills.
The cost of the Cost of the HEOP & AHANA Summer Academic Institute is covered by Le Moyne College and includes:
- Books and supplies
- Weekend activities
Important: You will receive information directly from our office with important documents that must be submitted prior to the start of the Summer Academic Institute. Please review documents carefully and submit to the HEOP & AHANA office no later than June 15th.
What to bring:
- Medications and prescriptions
- Two sets of twin XL sheets, pillow(s), pillowcases and a blanket
- Bath towels, hand towels & washcloths
- Bathing suit, shorts, t-shirts, and sneakers
- Shower caddy and shower shoes (flip flops)
- Dress clothes for special events
- School supplies (notebooks, pens, pencils, etc.)
- Personal toiletries (shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.)
- Alarm clock
- Laundry detergent
- Bug spray
- Your permanent residency card and New York State ID card
What not to bring:
- gaming systems | microwaves | televisions | cars | animals | refrigerators | AC units
Students are permitted to bring their cellphones; however, the HEOP & AHANA program staff may require that they be securely checked-in during scheduled events to avoid distraction and allow students to connect and focus.
- Hot plates | microwaves | televisions | car | animals | refrigerators | toasters