Alternative Break Program
Read about our latest Ecuador service trip The Alternative Break program provides domestic and international service and learning opportunities for the students, faculty and staff of Le Moyne College. The goal of the program is for participants to deepen their relationship with God through:
- sharing in the lives of those living in poverty through short-term service projects and living experiences;
- reflecting critically on issues of faith and justice;
- being exposed to the wonderful diversity of God's creations through an encounter with those living in a culture different from their own;
- offering their skills, resources, and gifts for the purpose of creating a more just world;
- Campus Ministry's mission to integrate faith and justice, a vision of spiritual life articulated in the gospel message and the church's call for a “preferential option for the poor";
- opportunities to implement experience into social justice endeavors back home.
THE JUNE TRIP TO KINGSTON, JAMAICA
The upcoming service trip to the St. Anne's School in Kingston, Jamaica will be held from June 3 to 14, during which time participants will have the opportunity to learn from the lives and stories of the people of Jamaica. The deadline has passed and applications are closed.
THE JANUARY 2015 TRIP TO ECUADOR
Applications will be available in late February.
THE DOMESTIC SPRING BREAK TRIPS TO SYRACUSE AND STATEN ISLAND
Spring Fling - Alternative Break Sites:
March 16 – 22 – Week in the ‘Cuse at Rescue Mission, Syracuse, NY
The mission of the Rescue Mission is to address the needs of those who are hungry or homeless in Syracuse. They state that no one should have to be hungry or homeless. It can happen for so many reasons and once there, it can be a difficult road back. We will be joining the Rescue Mission’s work to end hunger and homelessness by joining their mission over spring break.
March 16 - 22 – week on Staten Island –Hurricane Sandy Rebuild with Southern Baptist Disaster Relief.
Last year we sent a team of ten to assist with the clean-up efforts from the storm. This year we are joining other college teams to assist with the rebuild process. We will assist in the process by hanging sheetrock, replacing damaged woodwork, painting walls, installing cabinets, and more.
Applications are due on Friday, February 21.
Click here for info sheet.
Click here for an application.