Impact Awards: Celebrating Arts and Culture
Friday, April 14, 2023, 6:00 p.m.
Curtin Special Events Room, Le Moyne College Campus Center
Hosted by the Arts Administration program at Le Moyne College, the Impact Awards celebrate those who work tirelessly behind the scenes to serve the communities of Central New York through arts and culture. There are many awards celebrating artists; this is an opportunity to recognize those who, in many ways, help facilitate artistic opportunities and connect the public to the arts.
This year's keynote speaker will be Zenetta S. Drew, Executive Director of the Dallas Black Dance Theatre. To learn more about our guest, please click here.
- Arts Manager of the Year - For an arts and culture administrator (of any size organization) who has guided their organization with exceptional skill.
- Arts Board Member of the Year - For a member of the board of directors of an arts and culture organization who has provided exceptional service and leadership.
- Newcomer of the Year - For an arts administrator who is new to the region and has made a positive impact in a short period of time.
- Artist as Manager - For a practicing visual or performing artist who also works as an arts manager.
- Arts Educator of the Year - For a K-12 arts educator who has demonstrated extraordinary commitment to their students and community.
Arts managers, board members, and educators must work within the New York State counties of Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga or Oswego.
For the purposes of these awards, arts managers (also known as arts administrators) are defined as those who provide today’s artists with the framework, resources, and support that they need in order to create works of art. Such work may be done within an organization, through an artist collective, as individuals in the community, or in any context that provides support to artists.
If working within an organization, arts managers in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors are eligible to be nominated for the Arts Manager of the Year, Newcomer of the Year, and Artist as Manager awards.
Click here for a list of prior award recipients.
Questions on this program may be directed to: Benny Simon, Program Director [email protected]