We take pre-law advising and preparation seriously
Le Moyne has always been a leader in sending its graduates to law school. We have successful alumni who graduated from law school living and working all over the United States in every conceivable field. Le Moyne College has a full-time faculty member, a licensed, practicing New York State trial attorney with years of teaching and pre-law advising experience, on staff to work with students in every major and discipline who may be interested in attending law school. Law school opens up a world of opportunity for those who obtain a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree, in a wide range of careers -- practicing law, in business, and in government and policy development.
Often, college students believe that only certain “traditional” majors allow entry to law school, but that is not the case. Law schools are open to successful undergraduate students in every major -- in the humanities, all branches of science, and in business. At Le Moyne, if you’re interested in law school and legal training for any kind of career, we’ll be there to help you achieve that goal with the personal attention only Le Moyne College can give in the Jesuit tradition.
In addition, Le Moyne has entered into a 3+3 agreement with the Syracuse University College of Law in which, if you maintain your academic standing and meet the LSAT and other admission standards, you can complete your Le Moyne degree and obtain your J.D. degree in just six years combined -- at a significant financial savings.
Through the pre-law advising program you can:
- Meet and consult with the College's pre-law faculty advisor, Prof. James T. Snyder, Esq.
- Explore the possibilities of Le Moyne's 3+3 law school agreements
- Meet with visiting law school admissions officers
- Network with Le Moyne legal alumni
- Join the Le Moyne Pre-Law Society
- Pursue a legal internship for academic credit
- Attend LSAT and law school application workshops
- Attend law school fairs held locally
Use the links on the right to explore these opportunities in greater detail.