Transfer Credits and Military Credits

Le Moyne will, as appropriate, award transfer credits for military education or courses taken at accredited institutions of higher learning. Transfer credit awarded is dependent on both your program of study and your military training. If you have no directly transferable credits, you will be awarded at least three credits for your military experience; depending on the type, level, and amout of training, Le Moyne can award up to 15 free elective credits. Please inquire about this through the Veteran Coordinator.

Military Transcripts


If you are on Active Duty, are in the Reserves, or are a Veteran of the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy, you should use the Joint Services Transcript (JST) System. The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at the Air University site. Under most circumstances, veterans can use JST. However, if you are not eligible to use JST, you will need to fill out form DD-295 and provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit for your experience.


Transcripts From Other Colleges
  • Other schools will send official transcripts directly to Le Moyne; use [email protected] for undergrad transcripts and [email protected] for graduate-level transcripts. Veterans Services and Transfer Admissions can use unofficial copies for initial assessment, but not for full admission or official awarding of transfer credit. 
  • Depending upon your chosen program of study, some credits may transfer in as program requirements; others may transfer in as electives. Some credits may not transfer.
  • See the Transfer Admission page for more information.

Le Moyne College has consistently been ranked by The Princeton Review as one of the nation's best institutions for undergraduate education.

Veterans and Military Services Office: 139 Springfield Rd, Syracuse, NY 13214 - 315.445.4141 - [email protected]