Students interested in the Dual Degree Partnership in Nursing (DDPN) should be aware that this program shares the payment of your tuition and fees and the processing of your financial aid between Le Moyne College and St. Joseph’s College of Nursing (SJCON). Your financial aid for Years I and IV will be processed through Le Moyne and for Years II and III through SJCON.
The Office of Financial Aid at Le Moyne assists families to identify financial aid resources available through the college as well as through state grants, federal grants, and federal loans. It is important to note the following information in pursuing this curriculum plan:
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) scholarships do not apply during Years II and III while you are a student at SJCON. Given the rigor of the curriculum, students who choose to become involved in athletics join a club sports team.
- If awarded a Le Moyne Scholarship (eg. Presidential, Dean, Loyola, etc.), it will only apply for Years I and IV while you are a full-time student at Le Moyne.
The Office of Financial Aid at SJCON will work closely with students to meet their financial needs in Years II and III and provides a variety of options, including:
- Participation in the Federal Pell and Academic Competitiveness Grant programs, as well as the New York State Tuition Assistance Program.
- Eligibility to borrow student/parent loans in the William G. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program.
- Eligibility for scholarships and awards.
- Eligibility to work per diem as a Student Nurse Aide at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center upon completion of the first semester at SJCON.
- Possible reimbursement of tuition costs incurred during Years II and III upon graduation from Le Moyne College when a student accepts an RN position at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center.
For more information regarding financial aid for Year II and Year III, please contact the SJCON Financial Aid Office at 448-5266. For information regarding financial aid for Year I and Yean IV, please contact the Le Moyne College Financial Aid Office at 445-4400.